Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Very Busy Bee…

“Charlie?  Just what are you doing in there?” I asked as Charlie was in my bathroom with the door closed.

You could hear the toilet flushing several times and and the shower running.  There was a lot of activity going on in there.  I walked back in the den to sit down with dad to take my medications.

“Just what in the hell is he doing?” dad asked me.

“I don’t know,” I replied. “But he sure sounds busy.  It sounds like he is doing a bathroom makeover.”

About thirty minutes later when dad was ready to leave, Charlie came walking out of the bathroom.

“Dammit!” he said. “I was cleaning your bathroom for you fixing Janice’s computer.”

We all started to laugh.

“That’s your uncle Charlie,” dad said. “It’s bad when your guest spends his whole time cleaning your house and not socializing.”

“I can’t help it!” Charlie replied. “I’m a little obsessive compulsive myself!”

After they left, I looked in my bathroom and it was sparkling clean.  That’s Charlie for ya. 

8 comments:

Hap Joy Free said...

I thought you were gonna write that Charlie had a bad case of diahreah!

He can come visit my home anytime!!

forsythia said...

Send Charlie up here!

Joy Heather said...

How kind of him..he sounds a great guy.

Happyone :-) said...

I wouldn't mind a guest like that.
I've just now finished cleaning mine!

Anonymous said...

i would like to have an uncle charlie. i hope that you have a good day. my friend andy who comes over to clean is not able to come today but is coming on thursday. liz

Leann said...

Oh yay!! He can come do mine anytime. My least fav job.

Summer said...

I'm getting ready to rent my mother's house. I spent the afternoon waiting for Habitat for Humanity to come pick up some furniture and the appliance store to come install a new stove. NO ONE SHOWED UP! But I did get the bathrooms cleaned.

I wish someone would come do mine!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it