Monday, January 04, 2010

The Florene Express…

George called tonight and I told him I was feeling mentally ill.  I am candid with George about my mental illness.  Well, Mrs. Florene thought a good meal would help me.  Bless!  George ran it by an hour ago.  The turnip greens and black eyed peas are left over from New Year’s.  The fried porkchop and cornbread were divine.  Friends make the world go round and I do feel better after some good ole soul food.  Mrs. Florene also sent me some ham salad not pictured and a gallon of her sweet tea. 

009 copy

8 comments:

justLacey said...

That looks yummy. You are right about having good friends and I bet Miss Florene feels the same way about you. Tomorrow is your shot isn't it? Maybe you will feel better after that. Relax and be peaceful.

Andrew said...

Lacey,

I hope she does. I would do anything in the world for her. Yes, my shot is in the morning and I await the relief. It will take about 3 hours for it to enter my bloodstream. Dad is bringing me an extra Risperdal and some Klonopin tonight to calm me down. He gets here at 9:30 so I only have about 20 more minutes to wait for help.

Hap Joy Free said...

boy that meal looks good enough to eat!!

and a galloon of sweet tea....you are lOVED by those folks, Andrew.

Maybe you can ask her the recipe for the tea and share it. I would love to try it! We really dont have sweet tea here in Miami. More like Cafe Cubano!

kristi said...

Love sweet tea!! Feel better (HUGS).

Leann said...

That meal looks delectable Andrew. It's amazing how food can be comforting isn't it? It was very thoughtful and sweet of Mrs. Florene to bring you edible comfort :-)

Jessica said...

That food looks amazing! Be well, Andrew. :)

Cheryl said...

I love Mrs. Florene for doing this for you. What a thoughtful woman.

Summer said...

Tell Mrs. Florene that because of her I stopped by the store on the way home and bought pork chops for dinner tonight. Yum!