Saturday, January 09, 2010

Will Pawn for Milo’s…

“You and your mother are something else,” dad said handing me my medications last night. “You two can get things complicated quick.  I still can’t believe your mother bought you six gallons of caffeinated tea.”

I smiled, gulping down my pills with a swig of Wal-Mart orange drink.

“You are going to go into withdrawal now,” dad said. “You are going to miss that caffeine.”

I was quiet last night still worried about George and whether he would go to detox or not. 

“Next thing I know you are going to be pawning stuff for tea and caffeine,” dad said laughing jovially.

I died laughing.  It was so funny.  Imagine that, but it wasn’t out of the realm of possibilities.  The thought of me pawning my Wii for a gallon of Milo’s sweet brewed iced tea was hilarious.

“You know it’s true though,” dad replied.

He was right.  I’ve been known to do screwy things in the throes of addiction.  It was still funny though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why does your father always put negative thoughts into your head? It seems he always expect you to do things from your past. He needs to have a bit of faith. Even if he expects you to get obsessive with something, to put those thoughts into your head are not a good idea.

Seems to me he should be building you up, not tearing you down. And you laughed?

Very odd.