Sunday, January 10, 2010

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie…

The phone rang four times and then my mother’s answering machine picked up.  I didn’t leave a message and just hung up.  Mom called back shortly.

“Did you call?” she asked almost Omni presciently.

“Did dad get my cigarettes last night? I have two left,” I asked and said anxiously.

“Your father is at work dear,” my mother replied very matter-of-factly.

“Mom! It is Sunday! Dad is probably in his bedroom!” I said, laughing.

“Oh! My! I am all mixed up this morning,” my mother replied sounding confused.  “Is it really Sunday?”

I laughed and laughed, and then mom got to laughing.

“Come over and get your cigarettes and cokes, hon,” she said. “I am so sorry.  I better lay off the Xanax today.”

I want to add that mom was making a joke about the Xanax before the medication police get all in a stir.  Wouldn’t want to give my anonymous commenter fodder. 

5 comments:

Leann said...

It's a sleepy Sunday in the south. Soothing :-) Enjoy your day Andrew!

Joy Heather said...

That post is funny Andrew..it cheered me up a little.

alphabet soup said...

Loved that post Andrew. Your Mum makes me laugh too...
Ms Soup

Anonymous said...

Yeah alphabet, overmedicating yourself is so hilarious. Just like that time she took 9 one day and got in her car. I'm still rolling on the floor from laughter.

Anonymous said...

OK anonymous, you need to find another blog to haunt. Obviously this is too upsetting for you. Why do you continue to read? Go elsewhere.

Posted by Muttonfish (can't log in tonight for some reason)