Tuesday, January 05, 2010

How Big of a Boy are Ya?

“He’s a big boy today,” dad told Tim, his home health care supervisor, laughing jovially in his characteristic way.

Tim normally picks me up and takes me to get my shot.  I felt well enough this morning to drive myself after taking an extra Risperdal at five.  I feel 100% percent better than I did yesterday with all the medication.  

Well, I turned beet red.  I was embarrassed by what dad had said.  There is an unwritten rule not to talk publicly about my condition.  The store was packed with early risers and many turned to look dad said it so loudly.

Tim smiled kindly. “Go get you some cokes,” he said.  We have often talked on our drives about dad limiting the amount I drink.  He knows I love them.

Well, I made it and now let’s hope for two more good weeks.  I’ve got my fingers crossed.  I don’t want the good times to end. 

4 comments:

This IS The Fun Part! said...

You know that your dad didn't intend to upset you by what he said. He just didn't think before he opened his mouth. The love he has for you cannot be measured!

How are things looking on the weather forecast? From what they are showing us here in Florida, you might be pretty happy later this week!

Feel better - we're here if you need us!

Grannie

Joy Heather said...

I'm sure your Dad just didn't think..but i know how you feel..especially when you are feeling so GOOD, i hope you stay level Andrew and that life gets even better....i have brought myself some diet Cokes yesterday, when i got myself a big shop ready for the bad weather we are forcast..its not something i drink a lot of (except occasionally mixed with alcohol)...but i thought i'd give it a try, to see why you like it so much...and i really do love it on its own, i think you have got another convert..Thanks Andrew.

Leann said...

I agree that your father didn't think before he spoke. I am sure he would not embarrass you intentionally for anything in the world.

It is nice to here that you are feeling better.

Cheryl said...

I'm with the rest about your dad. I'm just so glad you're feeling good again.