Monday, January 11, 2010

Dear Maggie, We Will Walk Soon. Love, Daddy.

Maggie’s got the funks.  For the past few days all she has done is sleep and eat.  Even the usual food treats I give her don’t seem to excite her.  It has been so cold here and we haven’t been going on our usual daily walk.  I think this is what is getting to Maggie.  She will sit at the base of the piano and look longingly at her leash.  Maggie’s walking drought is about to change though.  It is forecast to get up to 45 today, and will be in the 50’s by Wednesday.  It will seem like a heat wave and I hope the continuance of our walks will lift Maggie’s spirits.  I hate to see her so sulking all the time.

Mom just stopped by after one of her myriad of appointments.  As dad will often say, she’s the appointed one.  She brought me diet Sprites, razor blades, and toilet paper.  I don’t ask for these things, but mom has this intuitive sense that I am about to run out and she was right.  I had one razor blade and one roll of toilet paper left.  What would I do without mom with me having no money?

I don’t have much planned today.  I have a glut of email to respond to.  The blog has been very busy this weekend.  I am itching to start book four of the Twilight saga and also hope to get a chance to run by the library for more books.  This reading thing is so novel for me.  I feel like I’ve discovered a brand new world!  I also plan on going to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting tonight.  I find they are less stodgy and more welcoming than the local AA meeting hall and all their old timers. 

Well, let me get some lunch started.  I have incredible cravings for grilled cheddar cheese sandwiches, dill pickle spears, and french fries.  Let’s get to cooking!

12 comments:

Joy Heather said...

I know just how Maggie feels..i am going stir crazy staying indoors..since my fall i am afraid to go out in all this ice & snow incase it happens again...i know i'll feel better for some fresh air, but it hasn't risen much above -1 for several days now, and it drops to -6 during the night..have you been to wal-mart yet to spend your gift cards?..that food sound good, haven't had a toasted sandwich for ages..think ill do myself one...i like ham, cheese & onion with it.

mommy2twogirls said...

Hey! I love the title of this post, so sweet!
I have felt like Maggie a lot lately. We had about 1.5 inches of snow last week. While that is not much, it was 6 and 7 degrees which means it turned to ice and you couldn't go ANYWHERE. I did get out yesterday and went to a local coffee shop with some friends. Hope you are having a great day! P.S. I ws thinking about a grilled cheese too for lunch but we are out of cheese right now. :)
L

Berryvox said...

Running out of toilet paper would be awful!

Hap Joy Free said...

Love dill pickles and fries! yummmmm....

poor maggie! she's got cabin fever.....

Anonymous said...

i can relate to having cabin fever. i have been inside due to the weather since january first. i have to get out on wednesday to go to two appointments. i am thinking of starting another blog again. i have not decided yet. liz

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Um, Andrew - from reading your lunch menu I just have to ask - um - you're not pregnant are you? :-)

Just kiddin'

Grannie

forsythia said...

Once a doggy gets in the habit of a daily walk, he or she can really sulk if there's no walk. Believe it or not, we have one dog that HATES to walk. The other one sleeps with one ear cocked for the sound of the coat closet door being opened (that's where the leashes are kept) and she's there in an instant, rarin' to go. Sometimes I feel bad, because other things are kept in there besides leashes, and sometimes you just have to open the door to get out the steam-cleaner, the card table, the Scrabble game . . .

justLacey said...

I have been craving grilled cheese lately too.

Happyone :-) said...

I think I would feel like Maggie too if I couldn't go for my morning walk. It puts me in a happy mood for the rest of the day. :-)

mosiacmind said...

i finally figured out some of the google blogs that i have but have not done a thing with them for months.

kristi said...

I need to start back walking soon. It has been so cold here!
I am making grilled cheese and stew tonight for dinner.

kristi said...

Oh yeah, I want book 4 of the Twilight Series I have read the first 3. But I started new classes this week so I am holding off.