Saturday, April 28, 2018

A Shotgun Visit…

pot-roast“Maggie!? Charlie’s here!” I exclaimed from the computer room with my birds eye view of the street.

Charlie slowly pulled up to the curb in his Caprica and came to a stop. Maggie immediately went to whining furtively, barking jubilantly, and carrying on in happy dog fashion.

“I’m here to see Maggie and I brought her a treat,” Charlie told me after stepping inside.

Maggie was yelping and fawning all over Charlie as they sat down on the couch.

Janice had cooked a pot roast yesterday and Maggie was the beneficiary of some ample meaty leftovers. I got an ex-large Coke from McDonald’s as my treat which suited me just fine.

“I can’t stay,” Charlie told me. “Horsefly’s in the car and we are headed to the matinee. He’s already in a bad mood. I’ll see you in the morning with y’alls biscuits.”

I wished Charlie goodbye with a hearty thanks and Maggie did as well.

No comments: