Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Looking Back to Monday Night…

NeosporinIt was just turning out to be your average Monday night grocery buying trip until my father and I stepped inside Kroger.

“Ma’am step to the side here while we talk to you,” a policeman said to a woman with a cart of hundreds of dollars worth of food.

Apparently, she had tried to walk out of Kroger's with that cart undetected. Another policeman stood to the side talking on his cell phone.  

“Shit!” my father muttered under his breath as he looked at me. “This is a cluster f—k.”

All the checkout lanes were congested and busy as well.

“Let’s hope things clear up while we shop,” my father told me as we parted ways.

He needed to do some shopping as well.

When I caught up with my father, he asked me if I was sure I had enough food.

“It will add up,” I assured him. “I have about $75 dollars of food although it doesn’t look like it.”

Judy, an elderly lady we often get, checked us out. My total came to $72 dollars.

Cortisone“You were right!” dad told me looking astonished.

Dad then got embroiled in a conversation about Judy driving for Uber and what it was like.

We were walking to our cars talking about Judy’s industriousness when dad said, “We forgot Maggie’s medicine.”

Back inside we went to get some Cortisone and some Neosporin. Maggie’s had a bad yeast infection break out on her neck and chest and I have just about cleared it up using these two medications.

No comments: