Saturday, April 14, 2018

I Live with Technophobes…

hisense TVThere was a surprise knock on the door yesterday evening. It caught Maggie off guard and she started to bark. I opened the door and it was Charlie. Maggie immediately started to whine with affection. I had my head in my tablet computer and completely missed him pulling up to the curb.

“I got you and Maggie some Chick-fil-A sandwiches and here is a diet Coke from McDonald’s,” Charlie told me.

“Can I come pick you up in a little while?” Charlie then asked. “My new TV says it needs to update its software and I am afraid I will goof things up.”

I laughed and said I would be glad to help.

A few hours later, after dark, my father called and said they were on the way to pick me up.

“Let me pee first,” I said. “I have to pee like a racehorse.”

My father chuckled and said to hurry up. They were almost at my house.

Updating Charlie’s TV was simple, but it took awhile as Janice’s wireless connection is rather slow. I thought we would never reach one hundred percent. Yoda

“Is something screwed up?” Charlie kept asking worriedly at the time it was taking.

“It is just taking awhile to download the software,” I told Charlie.

The TV restarted and Charlie was all set to go.

I also turned on the surround sound on Horsefly’s TV and brightened the picture. Horsefly was rocking in his favorite chair holding a plush Yoda doll completely oblivious to the proceedings.  

No comments: