Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Rather Interesting…

Honda CivicMy father called me late this afternoon.

“Are you feeling better today?” he asked.

“I am feeling like my old self,” I replied.

“I left your Cokes and cigarettes on the chair outside the backdoor,” he told me. “I am in Auburn and will be home tonight.”

I drove over to get the goods and noticed my mother’s car wasn’t in the garage and the BMW was. The CR-V was parked in the driveway. Why did he go to Auburn in my mothers car was omnipresent on my mind. He said this week was the week he was getting my mother’s car in my name.

“Matt’s car has about had it,” he told me yesterday. “I know Matt will be glad to get your car soon.”

Matt drives a 1991 Nissan Pathfinder if you can believe it.

Could interesting things be afoot? Hmmm…It makes me wonder. Lord knows, I have waited long enough and had my hopes dashed a dozen times. I better not get too excited.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I'm glad you are feeling better.

glittermom said...

Your father is very secretive. Who knows what’s happening with the car. Someday it will be yours. I don’t know why he’s waited so long.