Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The Plans for Becoming 46 Years Old or Just Plain Old…

kroger-birthday-cakes-prices-lovely-food-amp-entertaining-bakery-selections-decorated-cakes-of-kroger-birthday-cakes-pricesDad called me from work in a very chipper mood this afternoon. He sounded like he is having a very good day.

“What kind of cake do you want?” he asked. “I need to go ahead and order it at the bakery.”

“Just your standard Kroger deli birthday cake,” I replied. “I love the icing on those cakes.”

“You don’t want a computer themed cake?” dad then asked.

I laughed.

“I am getting a little too old for themed cakes,” I replied with a chuckle.

“You always get a Papa John’s pizza every year. Do you want that as well?” he asked.

“That would be great,” I told my father. “Get me an ex-large with the works and some cheesy bread.”

“I know you want to keep it low key so I’ve only invited Charlie, Janice, and Horsefly.”

“That sounds great,” I replied relieved.

My father can get grandiose and make this a grand affair quickly. Next thing you know it, dad can have the whole class of 1964 invited.

No comments: