Thursday, April 26, 2018

Yes, Smokes and Cokes Are Imperative…

MXX_loop“You want your Cokes and smokes this early?!?!” my father exclaimed over the phone this early morning.

It was a minor miracle I was up so early. I was in the bed at 11 PM last night.

“Just look at the radar,” I told him. “It is fixing to start raining hard and will rain for hours. I don’t want to get caught out in all of that mess this afternoon and I have three cigarettes left.”

“Well okay,” Old Fuss and Feathers replied grumbling. “Give me about 15 or 20 minutes to get them out there and then I will call you.”

Dad called about 30 minutes later and I hurried over to get my stuff. It was very chilly outside and it is going to be an even colder rain in store for us. I sighed as I pulled back into my driveway with my main task taken care of. I thought I felt a drop of rain as I walked inside.

3 comments:

Sharyn said...

Are smokes and cokes the normal storm fare in Alabama? LOL In TN, it's milk and bread. BUT in CA, it's box of wine and TP. And I just found out Red wine is the best as it is served room temp! LOL Isn't that funny?

Andrew said...

lol!

Summer said...

I keep wondering why he made you wait. Why couldn't you just drive over and pick them up? Weird.