Monday, April 09, 2018

One Honey Bun, Two Honey Buns, Three Honey Buns, Four…

honey buns - Copy“What are you going to get tonight?” my father asked me on this chilly evening as we walked across the parking lot of Kroger.

“Lots of honey buns and lots of sweet milk to eat them with,” I replied with a smirk.

“That doesn’t sound like a diet to me,” my father replied laughing.

“I am just going to be fat and happy,” I told him. “I am tired of being hungry all the time and my sweet tooth has been giving me fits.”

I also told him of my infatuation with cinnamon flavored applesauce lately.  

When we entered the store, I sent dad on an errand to get me a large bottle of Fabuloso (this stuff is awesome). I am going to mop my bathroom floor tomorrow and possibly move onto the kitchen floor if I feel like it.

tuna family packHe found me looking at the prices of different tuna varieties.

“I’ve grown quite fond of tuna and rice,” I told him showing him the two bags of Uncle Ben’s ready rice already in my cart.

It was $3.99 for a family pack of tuna which I needed.

As we were walking out of the store, I panicked when I realized I forgot my two journal writing sodas.

“Go ahead and load up your car and I will get them,” my father said. “Diet Mountain Dew, right?”

“That’s it,” I said as I then continued to my car.

My father came out shortly with my drinks in his hands. I stuffed them in a bag with frozen food and we both parted ways.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I recently stopped using Mr Clean and now use Fabuloso instead. It costs less and smells better!