Tuesday, April 03, 2018

There is Going to Be a Slight Prick…

claussenproduct2I was already awake and dressed when my father called me this morning. I had been up quite a while after this morning’s breakfast of grits, eggs, and bacon.

“We forgot your injection,” dad told me frantically. “Rebecca just called me.”

“I am already up and dressed and will be there in 10 minutes,” I replied to my father.

“Brag on Rebecca when you get there,” my father said. “I don’t know what we would do without her.”

It was around 10 AM when my father called so I was about an hour late. It was 10:20 AM when I stepped into Kamath Medical and signed in.

They are so good at looking after me at Kamath Medical. The receptionist, Trina, already had my next appointment set up when I walked in the door. I also only had to wait 5 minutes before Rebecca called me back to an examining room despite having a full lobby of patients. Dr. Kamath’s office was a very busy place this morning.

I practice my small talk skills with Rebecca as I feel comfortable around her. She has won my trust over the years I have been getting this injection. Small talk is just something that doesn’t come naturally to me. I always ask her how her computer and laptop are running and I give her computer tips. I then often ask about her kids as well.

“The kids are on spring break and with their grandparents this week,” Rebecca told me this morning.

This morning’s main topic was dieting.

“I’ll tell you what really helps,” Rebecca said. “If I get really hungry, I will go eat a pickle or two.”

“It is funny you should say that,” I replied. “I bought a jar of Claussen pickles last night grocery shopping. They were on sale.”

“Make sure they are the vinegary kind and not sweet pickles,” Rebecca told me cautiously.

I told Rebecca goodbye and headed back towards the pharmacy. Before I left, I stepped into the main office and told all the girls thanks for looking out for me. They all smiled and said thank you back.

The Great Scavenger Hunt…


2TR-303I don’t know if you remember this, but Charlie was supposed to run by the Opelika Walmart and pick up some audio cables for me yesterday. Well, it got FUBAR and quick! He forgot the pages of the cable's name and type I printed out for him on Janice’s computer. I was trying to explain over the phone what I needed. There was a flurry of calls and callbacks piquing my phone phobias.

“I need a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack that Y splits into two male RCA jacks,” I told Charlie. “Preferably 4 to 6 feet in length.”

This was like talking Greek to Charlie. He then put me on the phone with a Walmart employee which sent my phone phobias reeling into extreme overdrive. They weren’t any help at all as well.

“Charlie, thank you so much for trying,” I told him. “I will just get Matt from the pharmacy to order them for me off of the internet.”

Charlie told me to wait one more day before I got Matt to order them. He was going to try the Walmart in Alexander City today. I hope we don’t have a repeat of yesterday and please god don’t forget those papers I printed out Sunday.

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

Text the exact info to Charlie's phone! I KNOW! When did all this happen? I still stick post it's with phone messages to the fridge! LOL

Rita said...

You and your dad could share a google calendar and get notices to your cell phones for your injections and other appointments. You are a techie! It should be easy for you to get it set up.