Sunday, April 08, 2018

I Just Saw Aphrodite and She Works at Walmart…

Aphrodite-sea-foam-birthYesterday was a very unfortunate day. I spilled water on my favorite writing keyboard and felt sick at my stomach all day about it. I took it apart hoping to save it to no avail. That was forty dollars down the drain.

“You can’t order anything else at Newegg until next month,” my father callously told me. “You shouldn’t have a glass of water by your computer anyways.”

He was not very sympathetic at all Old Fuss and Feathers that he is.

So I went down to Walmart this morning after Charlie left from bringing Mags and I breakfast. I was looking for a decent replacement keyboard. I found one I hoped would work and headed towards checkout. There she was – Aphrodite, the Greek Goddess of beauty and love, reincarnated as a Walmart checkout clerk. I was mesmerized by her beauty as the people in front of me checked out.

“I hope you don’t mind me flirting, but you are absolutely gorgeous,” I told her unabashedly.

She blushed and smiled and told me a heartfelt thank you. I walked out of the store with a big grin on my face. You could just feel the endorphins being released into my brain.

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

Don't flirt with the Walmart girl!! My mate, Bill, who was 60 at the time, told the check out girl how nice she looked that day and she called security on him! And didn't you have a problem with your own Walmart girl a few years ago?? LOL

Rita said...

Oh goodness, what Sharyn said. I suppose in this day of sexual harassment, you could have had a problem.

I would not have expected you to say anything like that, so you must have been having a good day and feeling brave.