Monday, April 16, 2018

That Darn Inflation…

MrsG_SEO_products-FB<----- I love this stuff more than anything else I buy. Mrs. Grissom’s Select Chicken salad.

I didn’t buy a lot of groceries tonight and it still added up to $72 dollars.

“You sure you have enough?” dad asked me very worriedly.

“I’ll be fine. I will just have to be frugal with what I eat this week,” I replied.

“I am going to do some shopping of my own,” my father told me as I checked out. “You okay getting loaded up?”

“I’ll be fine,” I replied.

I got mainly things to make sandwiches this Kroger visit. It sucks to have to cook for one person and making a sandwich is easy to do and easy to cleanup.

It does seem like groceries get ever more expensive as the months go by, though. I used to could get a lot of groceries on just $65 dollars – enough to last me the week. I guess my eating habits have changed as well. I spent $15 on chicken salad alone tonight.

I still always get a remark from an unfamiliar checkout person about the amount of eggs I buy. That always makes me chuckle. 

We barely missed Jermaine tonight. He was getting in his car and leaving as my father and I walked across the parking lot.

“Dear god, I am glad not to get entangled with Jermaine tonight,” my father said. “It is cold and he would talk for 15 minutes.”

We thanked our lucky stars that he didn't see us.

No comments: