Wednesday, April 11, 2018

An Evening With Horsefly…

downloadCharlie and Janice had to go to a dinner party last night so Charlie asked me if I would take Horsefly bowling.

“He usually bowls 4 games,” Charlie told me. “Here is a towel as he will be in a sweaty mess when he finishes.”

I picked up Horsefly at 6 PM and away we went. Horsefly only sits in the backseat as if you were his chauffer.  

I bowled one game and bowled horribly at that. Horsefly would laugh when I bowled a gutter ball.

“Everybody bowls a gutter ball sometimes,” he said to me affectionately.

Horsefly bowled magnificently. One game he bowled all strikes and one spare. I also ate a hamburger from the concession stand. Our bowling alley has the best burgers in the Valley. Charlie said I reeked of onions when we got back to his house.

Doritos_chicken_strips_2We went to Kentucky Fried and got his nightly chicken strips afterwards. Charlie had given me a chocolate Ensure drink for him to drink as well to get his vitamins and minerals. You can’t live on chicken strips alone.

I took him home about 8 PM and Charlie was on pins and needles.

“He didn’t try to pitch a temper tantrum, did he?” Charlie asked.

“Don’t worry,” I replied. “Things went perfectly fine.”

It was the least I could do for Charlie as much as he has done for me lately. This probably means I will be taking Horsefly bowling more often which suits me just fine.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Our bowling alley had the best chili dogs!