Monday, April 16, 2018

Hit and Run…

greeterI did one of my classic hit and runs on Walmart today. I needed one more audio cable to make my home theater listening experience complete. I needed it for my 12 inch subwoofer. A female RCA to a Y of two male RCA cables.

“I’m headed to Walmart,” I told my father on the phone and I explained what I was doing.

He grumbled some as he was at work, but said okay.

“Don’t buy any beer or Benadryl,” he told me sounding exasperated. 

I grabbed my wallet, jumped in the car and flew down highway 29 at breakneck speeds ever cognizant of the police.

“Welcome to Walmart,” the greeter/loss prevention person said at the door.

I was already walking at about 5 miles an hour. I nodded my head with a smile and let them feel the wake I was creating in front of me. I know I had to smell like smoldering cigarettes and dog.

Electronics was my destination. I grabbed my $9.99 cable and headed straight to a free checkout person (luck be a lady tonight). I was home in about 25 minutes. The longest part was driving there and back. The bottle of water I had been drinking was still cold sitting by my computer when I arrived home. I had this severe singular of focus to get in there and out.

KFC Sundays…

1200px-KFC_logo.svgThey didn’t have my chicken pot pies last night so Charlie just got me two boxes of fried chicken. I about can’t chew the extra crispy, but I muddled on through somehow.

I managed to have a sparkling clean kitchen so Charlie had nothing to do but throw away two empty milk cartons.

I was extra excited when Charlie said he was bringing me a matching dresser and chest of drawers to my bed this weekend.    

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Why cannot you chew extra crispy KFC? Are your teeth & gums ok? If you are having dental problems that severe at your young age, you really need to "bite the bullet" and go get dental care. If you fear the dentist (common), you need to work at overcoming that fear. Poor dental health affects many other body systems.

PipeTobacco