Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Aggressive Negotiations…

27J-0014-00001-V02“Dad?” I asked my father this afternoon with much bravery and bravado, “Can I have one sub one hundred dollar computer part a month?”

“You are obsessed with this computer stuff. Absolutely obsessed!” he exclaimed to me. “What parts do you need now?”

“I was wanting to get a $89 Wi-Fi extender so I could browse the internet with my tablet computer while sitting out in the porch swing. Next month, I was going to get some computer mice and a keyboard.”

“We’ll see,” Old Fuss and Feathers grumbled and mumbled.

“I think your birthday arrived by UPS today,” he then told me smiling coyly. “It is a brown box which reads on the side ‘may contain awesome’.”

“Yep, that’s from Newegg,” I told him. “Can I go ahead and open my birthday presents?”

“You get outta here!” my father exclaimed as he laughed very loudly. “Go home and play with Maggie or something.”

I couldn’t leave without my father gathering me up some supper. It was the main reason I drove over. He had cooked a pan of cornbread and vegetable beef soup this afternoon. It is a fitting chilly day for hot vegetable beef soup with some cornbread crumbled in. Don’t forget several dashes of Louisiana style hot sauce as well. 

No comments: