Friday, April 20, 2018

Blood Makes Noise…

blood-flowI could hear my blood ringing and rushing around my ears on the drive to my appointment in Opelika. Is it perceived or real? I do not know. I know it happens when I get under a lot of stress.

We signed in and had to fill out countless medical forms and the receptionist needed my ID and insurance information and cards. Just then, Dr. Edwards, my former psychiatrist, walked by with a cup of delicious smelling coffee in his hands.

“Dr. Edwards!” I exclaimed. “Are you still my psychiatrist?”

“Y’all are next after one more appointment,” he told me.

I was elated and let it be known. He smiled and probably thought, “Yes, this one needs to be medicated”. My father was thrilled as well and shook his fists in the air in a celebratory fashion.

He refilled my prescriptions and we don’t have to come back for 6 months.

Dad and I moseyed on over to Hardee’s and got two steak biscuits and one sausage biscuit – always a pleasure on such trips to the doctor.

5 comments:

skinny minny said...

So did you ever find out what happened to the other place? Interesting that your new office is the same doctor....

skinny minny said...

Opps. I forgot to mention...yes blood makes noise...usually means your blood pressure is up and you can hear it in your ears. Strange sensation I think

Sharyn said...

Kinda unclear here. I thought it was the same office, different doctor. Is Skinny Minny right? VERY interesting that you changed offices (different sides of town?) and your shrink followed you! Lucky he was there.

That's exactly why I don't go back tho. Having to explain my whole friggin history back to 1972!

Kran's Crackers said...

You haven't been here in a few days. Hope everything is okay.
-Sharon

Jan said...

Hey, Handsome, you okay?