Friday, April 06, 2018

Vittles On the Stove…

61435732-a0c4-4adf-aba8-61b58257e601“It smells wonderful in here,” I told my father when I walked through the backdoor into the kitchen. “It smells like your mother’s house when she had been cooking.”

I peered into the pots and pans and dad was cooking his signature pork chops and rice. He was also cooking some green beans Southern style.

“I will run some over to your house when it finishes cooking,” my father told me.

I wrung my hands in anticipation and told him a hearty thank you.

“I need to get the recipe, but we won’t do all that tonight,” I said.

“It is really simple,” my father replied. “I will write it down and bring it with me when I bring your supper.”

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

It's so nice to see you and dad getting along so well!

Rita said...

I want the recipes, please! I save recipes that I collect from others on a recipe blog. We do a big meal on New Years Day with smothered steak, rice, collard greens, black eyed peas, corn bread. I would love your dad's pork chop recipe.

http://ritasrecipesblog.blogspot.com/2017/01/lauras-new-years-day-smothered-steak.html