Friday, January 21, 2005

A haircut at gossip central…..

I got my haircut today. I decided to use my mother’s hairdresser instead of Jim’s Barber Shop. There were four older ladies cutting hair and they were busy. I had to wait for almost 30 minutes to take my place in the chair. One thing I noticed was that these women gossiped about everyone and everybody in the small town I live in. I now see why my mother goes and gets her hair done twice a week. If you wanted sordid details about a certain person’s life then this was the place to be.

They also had a long conversation on why they wouldn’t touch a black person’s greasy, nappy hair for anything. Apparently, a young black woman had called earlier and asked about walk ins. I felt very uncomfortable during this exchange. I doubt I will go back. It will be Jim’s for me for now on and Jim’s is half the price as well. She charged me $13 dollars for a 10 minute hair cut and my hair wasn’t that long.

Tonight I am going out to eat with my sister and her husband. Dad and mom and Charlie and his wife are also tagging along. We are going to eat at the Hunter’s Pub. They have fantastic grilled steaks and I am going to splurge tonight and eat a juicy, medium well rib eye with a baked potato. Can’t wait till this evening and it will nice not to have to cook supper and have it brought to me on a platter.

No comments: