Thursday, January 06, 2005

The clarity of a winter’s evening….

As I stood outside tonight, smoking my pipe, and looking up at the heavens, I stood in awe at the sky above me. I could see the constellation Orion slowly making his way across a winter’s sky. It brought back thoughts of my days homeless last winter in the country. You don’t know the magnificence of a cold, winter’s evening sky in the country until you have experienced it yourself. The sky is alight with millions of twinkling jewels. The darkness is broken with beacons of light that have taken untold years to reach this small planet.

I took another long pull off my pipe and inhaled the pungent aroma of tobacco smoke. Yes, all is right in the world tonight. My stars are aligned and the future holds much promise. I emptied out my pipe and made my way indoors to write this short segment. I only wish I was more adept at putting such an experience in words. These will have to suffice. Good night and be well.

No comments: