Monday, January 31, 2005

The jewels that are homeless bloggers…….

I think that main thing you will notice is that we were all distinctly different. We each had/have our own way of doing things. Some of us got a home. Some of us continue to be homeless. One thing you will have to admit that homeless bloggers are at least moderately intelligent folk. We didn’t fit the stereotype of the average homeless person. I think it takes a special person to be living in such dire circumstances and to still be able to get online and share it with others. There is just something so human about reaching out to your fellow human beings in your darkest hour. For just wanting your voice heard. For just wanting a simple comment on a simple blog/journal that said, “I hear you! You are not alone!” I received this gift many times when I was homeless and I thank those who contributed.

Mr. Fred updates regularly and I want to hear his voice heard. His voice is unique and a different take on what it is like to be homeless in Nashville. There is something innately human about his blog that I do not feel when I read http://thehomelessguy.blogspot.com. He may never have the internet clout of a Kevin Barbieux but he has a loyal reader in me as I like his style and his openness. I also appreciate his ability to join in an online community of bloggers and share and contribute through comments. Somehow this aspect escaped “The Homeless Guy” with all his marketing and advertising savvy. There is this feeling of stifled opinions and closed doors when I stop by “The Homeless Guy”. As I mentioned earlier, different strokes for different folks and he is well within his rights to do so. It just clashes with my style and makes me vent vocally on my blog sometimes. Before I get ten emails as usual sticking up for Mr. Barbieux and telling me to focus on college, I didn’t write this as a criticism of “The Homeless Guy” but as a little note to bring some notoriety to a homeless blogger whom I think deserves it. Good luck Mr. Fred and may your blog prosper, grow, and thrive.

http://homelessnashville.blogspot.com

No comments: