Monday, January 24, 2005

Just a few words before bedtime…….

I have received several emails lately from readers trying to urge me to write about different things. Some want me to write more about college life as I like to do as well. Others think I am not being an effective advocate for the plight of the homeless, mentally ill, or for substance abuse recovery. Let me put this plainly upon the table. I have never claimed to be an advocate and do not think a blog is a good place to advocate. The majority of my limited readership is very knowledgeable about homelessness, mental illness, etc so I feel I would be preaching to the choir so to speak. I do my advocating in the real world by working in the mental health field and with me trying to obtain a major in social work. This is just a personal journal and a way for me to creatively express myself with words.

One reader misses the posts about George and the Piggly wiggly groupies. To be frank, I grew tired of my interactions with George and company and have distanced myself from them. I also do not go to the Pig much anymore as my free time has grown much more limited. George and the gang could be comical but they are like a broken record as well. It is more of the same old, same old. I grew tired of writing about it. There is only so much you can write about a mute crack dealer, a drunken pseudo cabbie, and a morbidly obese panhandler.

No comments: