Sunday, January 09, 2005

T-minus one day and counting….

Tomorrow is the big day; my first day in college since the early nineteen nineties. I am rip roaring and ready to go. I’ve gotten all my school supplies from my father’s drug store. I’ve got notebooks and two really nice mechanical pencils. I also stopped by this morning at the dreaded Wal-Mart and bought a cheap school backpack. My nice Jansport day pack would have been overkill for school and I don’t want to wear it out.

I have also read a number of chapters from my textbooks in preparation. The only book I haven’t touched is my Norton Anthology of World Masterpieces. It is filled with individual works of literature (1500 pages worth) and I did not know which pieces my instructor would pick to study and read. I did find out that I have my old grade school English teacher for World Literature and I know him fairly well. He is friends with my Father.

I kind of know what to expect tomorrow. The first day we will receive our syllabuses and the instructor will talk to us about what is expected over the semester. It will be interesting to see my class sizes and who is in them. I am hoping for more “adult” students who are like minded as me.

Here is my schedule tomorrow…….

Gen. Psychology from: 12 PM to 1:15 PM

Work from: 1:30 PM to 6:30 PM

World Literature from: 7:00 PM to 8:15 PM


I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow but look forward to it immensely. I cannot wait to take my seat in that grand adventure that awaits me. I am going to learn and not focus on just getting good grades. I want to expand my knowledge of the world around me. Good grades will come as a side bonus if I keep my focus in this matter. Well, I am off to go iron my shirt and slacks for tomorrow in preparation. I want everything to be just right. Good day.

No comments: