Monday, January 24, 2005

Student lounge = bad idea……….

Oh well, you live and learn. I tried to study in the student lounge but my fellow African American students kept coming in and cranking up the rap videos on Black Entertainment Television. I don’t have anything against rap per se but it is painfully hard to study by. I don’t see how they were doing it. Each to his own, I guess, as they must find it relaxing. I found it distracting. There was not much I could say as it is a student lounge after all; a place for students to congregate, grab a coke, and relax in between classes. I packed up my books and headed on home. I will get far more accomplished here.

Today was my weekly “payday”. I have started to give myself an extra $10 dollars a week for a total of $85 to pay for the gas for my truck. I gleefully made a quick jaunt through the Piggly Wiggly to stock up on this week’s groceries. There was not a Piggly Wiggly groupie in sight as there was a police car sitting in front of the store so no hassles. It almost felt abandoned or closed as I walked to the automatic doors to step inside without George and the gang standing out front.

Pipe Tobacco: Thanks for the suggestions about Psychology. I will take them to heart and that is similar to what I have been doing. Professor Larkin assured us that the study guides were our tests word for word today during class. All we did today was go over those study guides and I liked to have fallen asleep I was so bored. Everyone else in my class is perfectly happy with the arrangement as it is a guaranteed A. I will try and take the glass half full instead of half empty mindset in this matter and make the most of it on my own.

No comments: