Friday, January 14, 2005

Welcoming an old friend into my home…..

Tonight my on and off girlfriend called me and wanted to come over. After she drove up, I welcomed her inside. We hugged each other and sat down to talk. She was lonely and needed a place to feel safe. She was scared in her empty house by herself.

“I get so scared staying by myself.” She replied.

“You are safe here so stay the night.” I said.

She walked back out to the car and brought in a duffle bag with clothes and such. She brought it inside and sat it down on my bed.

“You sure you don’t mind?” She asked.

“No, doll, I do not mind. You just get ready for bed. You are safe here.” I replied.

“I really need a shower.” She responded.

I walked into the bathroom to get a large bath towel. I also turned on the heating fan to warm the bathroom up.

“The soap and shampoo is in the shower. Here is a towel to dry off with.” I said as I handed her the towel.

“Can I have one of your t-shirts?” She asked.

I walked into the bedroom and got one and handed it to her.

Before long, I could hear the sounds of cascading water as she took a shower. It was really nice having a woman in my little abode. My apartment was filled with the smells of Irish Spring soap and Clairol conditioner.

She walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her head. She was wearing my t-shirt and a pair of panties. She crawled into my lap and laid her head on my shoulder.

“Is there a chance for us?” She asked.

“There is always a chance.” I replied.

“You know I still and will always love you.” She said and she started to cry. “I love you so much.”

I held her close and wiped the tears from her eyes. She held me tightly and sobbed. I used my hand and held her chin and pulled her face close to mine and kissed her. The kiss soon became much more passionate. She grabbed my hand and put it on her breast. I grew extremely nervous and my hands shook.

“I am tired will you come to bed with me?” She asked.

“You go to bed and I will be there soon.” I replied.

I followed her into my bedroom and she crawled into my bed and pulled the covers over her. I sat on the floor and held her hand. Before long she was asleep. I sat there and looked at her face in the glow of my bedside table lamp. She looked so peaceful. I reached over and brushed the hair out of her face as she slept. I do love this woman. I love her very much. I am just afraid that two mentally disabled people will have a hard time in life. I am afraid that I cannot give her the life she wants.

Well, it is time for me to quit lamenting and get to bed. I am dead tired. I think I will take my chances and crawl into bed with her. It will be nice to wake up in the morning with someone by my side. I am so sleepy I can barely keep my eyes open.

No comments: