Sunday, January 16, 2005

Now this sucked….

Okay, I walk the mile to the Piggly Wiggly to buy some pipe tobacco (I know, I know, don’t tell me to just quit cause I am not.) What happened? I get asked for an ID and I left my wallet at home. I just completely forgot about it and left it lying on my bedside table. I have bought Sir Walter Raleigh probably 20 times from this same clerk and she has checked my ID many times as well. Did she relent? Nope, I had to walk another mile back home again to get my license. The lady is named Virginia and she is a surly, old cow.

“Virginia, I just walked a mile to come get this. Can you let it slide just once?” I asked.

“Sorry sir, it is the law.” She replied with a smug grin. She was very much relishing her control over me and the situation.

I did get my revenge though. I had a ton of spare change in a large zip lock bag on my dresser. I counted out the exact amount of purchase including tax in quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies, and put it in a zip lock bag. I then got in my car and drove back down there. I was not about to walk another two miles.

“That will be $21.59.” She said as she handed me the can of tobacco after checking my ID.

I handed her that heavy zip lock bag of change with a smug grin on my face knowing it would take her a good ten minutes to count it.

“Have a nice day.” I said as I walked on out the door.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

No comments: