Saturday, January 29, 2005

Computer work……

I think it was Pipe Tobacco that had asked me a while back what installing WindowsXP entails. Well, I spent most of the afternoon getting my back up computer cleaned up and with a fresh install of Windows. I built this computer out of parts when I was driving a big rig and had a steady income. I spared no expense at the time. I haven’t been using it to “save” it in case my junky hand me down computer broke that I found on the edge of the road after my neighbors threw it out. Here are the specs on my “good” computer…..

Pentium 4 processor overclocked to 2.86 ghz/ hyperthreading enabled
1 gigabyte of ram overclocked to 220 mhz/dual channel enabled
2 x Western Digital Raptor 10,000 rpm serial ATA hard drives in RAID 0 mode
4 x Maxtor 7,200 rpm parallel ATA 60 gig hard drives.
ATI All In Wonder Radeon 9700 pro with TV tuner
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

No comments: