Monday, January 24, 2005

Old times just like she wanted…….

This is a post from last week that I was too afraid to publish. I thought it seemed corny or too personal to post. I will bear all tonight in my throes of insomnia. Now I must get to bed as tomorrow will soon dawn and I don’t want to be a zombie. Sominex work your magic.

My girlfriend came over tonight to help me study psychology. She insisted as she was a psychology major in college. I tried to reassure her that the class was not a threat in any way. The professor gives us the actual exam to study by. It was just good to spend some time together and we quickly got diverted from studying to other matters.

“Come play the piano for me some.” She said as she held out her hand towards me to get me up.

Charlie had moved over one of his pianos the other day to my grandmother’s house in preparation for our moves. Luckily, I was in class at the time. I don’t think my shoulder that was once broken would have held up to the task.

“Oh, I haven’t played in ages. I can’t play anymore.” I replied sheepishly.

“Come on. You can still play.” She said with a pout on her face.

“It’s cold upstairs.” I replied.

“Quit making excuses.” She responded.

We both walked upstairs and I turned on the heat. The temperature was at 62 degrees and chilly. We then walked into the front living room and I sat down at the piano.

“What do you want to hear?” I asked.

“Something in the Way She Moves.” She replied.

She had heard me play this before. My current repertoire consists of a few James Taylor songs, Peanut’s tunes, and Amazing Grace. It is all I can remember by heart after years of tutelage in piano.

I began to play and sing along to the tune. She sat down beside me on the bench and put her head on my shoulder.

(Me singing in italics.)

There’s something in the way she moves……

…or looks my way, or calls my name………

……that seems to leave this troubled world behind……

I then looked away from the piano and to her face looking up at mine.

…If I’m feeling down and blue, or troubled by some foolish game, she always seems to make me change my mind.

I then royally screwed up and missed a key note and it sounded horrible. She said I had the funniest look on my face after this happened. We both got to laughing hysterically and couldn’t quit. I could no longer play I was laughing so hard.

No comments: