Sunday, January 30, 2005

Sunday Lazy Day Blogging……..

We averted a disaster with yesterday’s ice storm. It could have been much worse than it was. Atlanta just an hour up the road got hit hard with numerous power outages and impassable streets. They even closed down Hartsfield International for most of the day. I do have several very large limbs to clear away when the weather warms. I will have to get a chainsaw to cut them up and move them to the road for pick up by the city.

It is odd how something that looks so beautiful can be so debilitating. The trees were covered in a coat of ice and glistened in the light of the day. Everything had this beautiful, white coating and the landscape looked so cold. We rarely get frozen precipitation in the Deep South and I enjoyed the change up in the weather scene. I just wish we could have gotten a harmless snow and not an ice storm.

____________________________


Struggling with studying……

I have tried so hard lately to study hard and in earnest. My mind wanders a lot though and I worry about the efficacy of my efforts. I have had a damn hard time concentrating this weekend. I know it has to do with my illness. Everything just seems so daunting and I am having a hard time effectively managing my time and what I am doing. Am I over doing it? Should I just take a more breaks like I am doing now and just chill out? I worry if it is this difficult in the early stages what will it be like in my more advanced major centric classes at Auburn? I guess I will just have to stay on target and focused and jump those hurdles as they arrive. One day at a time, Grumpy. One day at a time.

No comments: