Sunday, January 02, 2005

Sleeping the day away……

Just checking in and felt like writing tonight. As I write this, the neighbor’s kids are playing some kind of hide and seek with flashlights out in my darkened back yard. They are having a grand time and I enjoy hearing their banter. It makes me feel not so alone.

It has been incredibly warm the past few days and getting up into the seventies. We are definitely having an Indian summer. The tree frogs in my abandoned neighbor’s pool are busily, once again, calling for mates. That is how warm it has become. It has been nice and helps to keep down my heating costs. I haven’t had to use my heat in several days.

I ended up sleeping all afternoon. This is something I never do. I did sleep well the previous night but got so sleepy after lunch. I lay down to take a short nap and awoke to a dark apartment many hours later. The sun had set and I groggily laid there in the bed lamenting the fact that I slept away my day. Now, I will never get to sleep tonight. I guess it is time to crank up my coffee percolator and to say hell to getting to bed at a decent hour tonight.

My friend Chad has called three times today. I am avoiding him. I made the mistake of picking up without letting the answering machine catch it the first time. He talked for an hour about setting up a welding/machine shop and wanted to me to co-sign on a loan and go in with him. No way am I that gullible. He cannot keep a regular job let alone running his own business. I politely listened to his spiel and told him to get on the internet and research small businesses. I told him that because of school and my upcoming employment that my slate was full. He continued to call back several times trying to get me to come over and drink beer with him. The last time he called he sounded very drunk. Glad I avoided that situation. Chad needs to learn that the medicines used to treat mental illness and alcohol does not mix very well. This is a lesson I learned the hard way.

Anyways, I hope you have a good night and sorry for my boring rambling. I am going to see what I can find on study tips and taking notes in class via the web. Certainly, there is something out on the internet about this. Google, here I come.

No comments: