Sunday, January 30, 2005

Venice as a puzzle…..

Well my planned day of study got diverted. I did get all my biology notes typed and printed out and put in a notebook this morning and it took hours. Dad called around lunch and wanted me to come and eat. He had cooked a rump roast, potatoes, carrots, peas, corn bread, and congealed salad. Charlie and his wife came as well. Afterwards, I drove over to Charlie’s house to help them put together one of those 3-D puzzles. Charlie putting together a puzzle intrigued me as the man is so busy he hardly ever sits down. He cussed and carried on but we managed to get a good part of Venice erected and standing on its own.

This evening, I have to take Charlie’s autistic son who is a year older than me to the movies. He has a routine and must go see a movie every Sunday and then must go buy a plush stuffed doll of some sorts at the mall. We then go eat at Wendy’s and he gets the same thing every time; a classic single with cheese, small fry, coke, and a small frosty. Charlie is paying me twenty dollars to go do this and I also get to see a movie and get dinner paid for. I do not mind as me and Charlie’s son grew up together and I know how to handle him if he pitches one of his tantrums. Charlie credits me for getting his son to talk and interact with other children as I was the first kid to ever make an attempt to play with him and not be afraid of him.

Well, I must jump into the shower and get dressed. I then have to go pick up Randall and head down to Auburn and start our routine. Good day and be well.

No comments: