Thursday, January 20, 2005

Room with a view no longer……..

I can tell a big difference in the level of warmth in my apartment now. I only have to burn the heater on setting one to stay warm instead of setting three. I no longer feel a drafty, cold breeze when the wind blows. There is one problem though:

I had a beautiful nighttime view out my window beyond my computer. I could look down into the Chattahoochee river basin and see the lights of downtown West Point, Georgia. That is now replaced with a milky, opaque view of distorted lights beyond a plastic cover. Oh, what we have to give up for mere comforts and cost savings. I miss my nighttime view of small town America. I am tempted to go rip one window free of its plastic sheeting to be able to see the view that I have grown accustomed to. It is definitely a quandary; warmth or a room with a view?

No comments: