Tuesday, May 18, 2004

An expedition…..

I am off for an expedition today. I am going on a long hike into the middle of no where and practice my compass skills and hunt for arrow heads. I have no appointments today so the day is mine and I intend to enjoy it.

There is a large stretch of old growth hardwoods up the road and I am going to go exploring and see what I can find. There is a large creek and creek bed and I intend to follow it for a long distance. Where there were creeks in Alabama there were Native Americans and I hope to find something interesting.

I have my lunch packed and my day pack filled with essentials such as water and emergency supplies. I also threw in a few energy bars for a mid afternoon snack and some trail mix. As always, I am bringing along my little am/fm/TV/weather band radio. Well, off I go while the morning is still nice and cool.

No comments: