Thursday, May 20, 2004

My buddy…..

My hamburgers were great last night. I fired up my little hibachi grill and cooked them until they are medium well. I love the smoky aroma and taste you get from cooking them on the grill over charcoal. There is no comparison to cooking them on the stove. I had enough to freeze for another meal so that will be easy to thaw them out and reheat them later. I also cooked some home cut French fries. What would be called steak fries in the freezer department of the grocery store. They are much better to me than the fries you get frozen and much cheaper as well.

Alaine called last night. We talked for a long time. I wanted her to come over but she had an order of chocolate chip cookies she had to bake for a customer. She soon starts to work full time in July so I will see less and less of her. She calls me her buddy and makes me feel warm and good inside. It is nice having a buddy and someone you can share your experiences with in real time. I have grown very fond of her lately and cherish the time we get to spend together.

Alaine got her job through Rehabilitation Services in Opelika Alabama. I am tempted to go sign up and see what they can do for me even though my parents are greatly opposed to me working at the moment. I need to work and want to work. I get tired of trying to find things to fill up my time during the day between appointments.

As a long time Star Trek fan, I watched Enterprise last night. I used to think it was a poorly written show and didn’t fit in the timeline of the Star Trek universe but it has gotten much better lately. I can actually sit through a whole show and watch it as before I would quickly turn off the TV. I recorded it digitally and that way I could zip through the commercials. I detest commercials and find anyway I can to control the amount of media pouring into my head. It’s just this personal thing I have.

Well, let me get some breakfast started. I am going to fix some cheese toast and some grits this morning. I was tempted to fix some home made biscuits but decided not to mess up the kitchen. Home made biscuits are a job to fix and the flour gets everywhere. It’s just nice have a pantry and refrigerator full of food. I will go partake in it now.

No comments: