Wednesday, May 19, 2004

The odd couple…….

Well I got good news today via the phone and in the mail. My ex-wife is finally graduating from college. It has been a long road and I have lots of time and money invested in the venture as well. Many nights I spent proof reading or retyping some of her papers for her. I also did my fair share of PowerPoint presentations over the past few years.

French class has given her hell lately and she was worried if she failed the final that her grade would be low enough to keep her from graduating. She called me earlier and told me she had a final grade of a C and would graduate on time. I warned her to take an easier foreign language like Spanish but she was enamored with the idea of speaking French. Can she speak French? Well, let’s just say she can say hello and have a good day but don’t expect her to become our next French diplomat anytime soon. :^)

I feel proud for her and I am happy. I felt I have done my part to keep her in her house, car, and in school and now my duty is done. I no longer financially help support her. My money will now go into rebuilding my life and my health. I hope to soon get my car fixed and back on the road and that is of my first most goals for next month and beyond. Getting that dang thing dragged to a garage and getting a new wheel bearing put in since I cannot find the damn tool anywhere online or off to get the axel nut off.

After that, I am following my dream to take a few weeks this summer and drive the 3 or 4 hours to Springer Mountain Georgia and spend a few weeks on the trail. I want to get a feeling for it and what it will take to hike all the way from Georgia to Maine in one summer. I going to drop my convertible top down and ride off into the sunset with a big grin on my face. Ah, freedom of mobility at last!

No comments: