Saturday, May 01, 2004

Good Morning, Vietnam!!!!

It is wet and rainy outside so I am stuck inside for most of the day. Saturday is my online gaming day. I have been playing Battlefield Vietnam all morning and will do so this afternoon. I am getting quite good at it and am usually in the top 10 players on a server of more than thirty and sometimes fifty players.

I have a brutal strategy that works really well. I play the heavy assault role with an M60 machine gun and grenade launcher for the American side. I have memorized the firing arc of the grenade launcher and am devastating with it. It really pisses off other players when I get them with a grenade before they know what hits them. The reload time is long though so you have to be careful and quickly switch to your colt sidearm or M60 machine gun if there are other hostiles nearby. If you don’t then you are sitting back at the spawn screen after getting killed.

I got accused of cheating today and this always amuses me. I think it is funny. I hit one guy with a grenade from a great distance and he bitched vehemently, “You fucking fag, you are a cheater.” He then asked the server admin to kick me but I don’t think he knew how. When guys do this, I picture some angst ridden teenager sitting behind a monitor, drinking a Jolt cola and slamming his mouse down on the table in anger. I fired back, “Shut up you little pussy and play the game.” I know I sound immature but Saturday is my day for just that. He helps me let out my frustrations in an online virtual world playing with players from all over the country that enjoy the same thing. I love when I am on a good team and we play as a team. Each of us supporting each other by playing our respective roles. Well, back into another game I go. I think I will fight for the Vietnamese this time around just for a change.

No comments: