Saturday, May 01, 2004

Wooo Hoooo….going camping…..

I am headed out just a bit to go camping tonight. I am tired of playing my game and I am going to walk down to the wiggling pig and buy some provisions and head out. I am also going to try my hand at some catch and release fishing this afternoon if the rain continues to hold off.

I have an extremely busy week ahead and I want to enjoy my weekend. I am going to fix some fire roasted corn and some chicken on a stick tonight. I am going to marinate the chicken in some herbs, salt, and pepper with some vegetable oil to coat. I will pack it all in some zip lock bags and just have to pull it out to cook it tonight. I took some oak branches and whittled off the bark for a good bit and that will be my cooking spit. I will just have to continuously rotate it next to the fire but I will keep the chicken pieces small so they cook through.

I have a busy week next week. I have many appointments. I have the dentist for my bridge that is going in. I have to get my veterinary sized shot Wednesday. I also have several other appointments with various doctors. I do believe I am the most poked and prodded man in Alabama these days. Thank god for insurance or I would be broke and in dire straights. I also am getting on my job search in earnest and put my name out there. I am debating on this in that I may need to wait until after the surgery on my shoulder.

There is a 60 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms this afternoon with it increasing to 100 percent tonight so I am being adventurous. Nothing is cooler, for me at least, than riding out a strong thunderstorm in my tent looking out the mesh door. It is scary but exciting at the same time. I hope we get a good one and not a wimpy attempt at a storm. The bigger the better and I will tie down my tent accordingly. Especially if we get some high winds but I will be somewhat sheltered in my clearing amid the pine trees.

Well, off to the wiggling pig I go. I am excited and ready to hike those miles to my currently favored spot. Have a great weekend and I will check in when I get back tomorrow.

No comments: