Sunday, May 16, 2004

Resting away my ails…….

I have been doing well lately. I have just rested and slept a lot. The soreness has started to subside. I still cannot move my arm much and this worries me.

Alaine came last night to keep me company and she brought along her friend Paige. I and Paige hit it off in that she loved my gaming set up and loves to game. She sat for a long time playing Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark and loved the 5.1 surround sound. It is cool to have a woman friend that is my age and is “into” something I enjoy. I would have never thought I would have found a 32 year old woman who loved computer gaming.

We ended up playing several heated games of Mexican train dominoes and then called it a night. It’s nice having friends to share your life with. It has been many years since I had close friends like this. I was always a loner and spend the majority of my time alone. I still struggle with this and tend to push them away and want to be alone but I try my hardest to overcome this.

Well, today will be another day of rest. I restart physical therapy in the morning and do not look forward to it. This stuff hurts and I think my physical therapist, George, is sadistic and loves to hear me curse and cry out from the pain as he stretches my arm.

I also have hopes for some rain and thunderstorms today. We do have a 40 percent chance so I will just have to wait and see.

No comments: