Wednesday, May 26, 2004

The future home owner……

I got a chance to really look over my possible future home. I forgot my camera and was pissed. I wanted to share pictures.

It was really nice and quaint. My Dad’s best friend had put in new central heating and air, a new bathroom and was repainting the walls and stippling the ceilings. It is two bedrooms with a den, bathroom and kitchen. It is a small home but would be perfect for a single male such as me.

It has this awesome screened in porch that has an overhead fan and light. All the vistas have bamboo shades you could pull down to block a low sun. I could picture myself sitting on this porch, drinking a cold diet coke, smoking my pipe, and reading a good book.

I am very excited but trying not to get my hopes up. A special set of circumstances has to take place for me to be a new home owner. Charlie has to sell his current home at the market price he is asking and is going to sell this home to me and my father concurrently after renovations are complete. I keep my fingers crossed.

AA went okay last night. I feel awkward telling my fears and screws ups in front of a group of people. I did talk but with a shaky, broken voice and it embarrassed me. I felt I said too much when I told them I had a mental illness and now I am regretting it. Those people will now think I am crazy and will not take me seriously. Mental illness carries such a stigma with it.

For supper I am cooking a cheap $5 dollar chuck roast that I boiled for hours this morning to get it tender. Just a moment ago I added some potatoes, carrots, and onions and will fix a pan of cornbread to eat with it. I will have lots left over so my freezer is filling up with extra food. This is the frugal way to do it though. I will prepackage meal size portions and freeze them so all I have to do is thaw them out and warm them in the microwave.

I am going to head for my afternoon walk. No AA tonight as they do not have a meeting due to the common occurrence of Wednesday night church services around here. I am going to walk there and back though and stay on my routine. Good afternoon and good bye. Have a great night!

No comments: