Thursday, May 13, 2004

One sore arm……

I feel better today. I am just really, really sore. I am sorry my writing lately has been boring. Other than medical appointments, my life has been just that. I guess that is a good thing. I have nothing exciting to report. Just living life.

Alaine came by last night and she taught me how to play Mexican train dominoes. We had a good time and it was really fun to learn a new game. We both got really competitive and were cursing at each other jokingly before the evening was over.

She also brought me a treat last night that was much appreciated. She had grilled some ribeyes and brought one with a baked potato. Steak is one of my favorite meals and I haven’t had one in probably a year and it was great. She cooked it just like I love them, medium well. It was delicious.

This catheter in my arm is ungainly and driving me crazy. It’s like that old ball and chain you have to lug around with you everywhere. I was tempted to cut the line and take it off this morning but do not want to start hurting since it is pain medicine. That, and I do no want the wound to start draining out of the tube as well.

I awoke this morning to wet sheets and a soaked t-shirt this morning from the drainage. I know this is gross so I will not go into detail. So that means I have to wash my sheets and comforter today, oh joy, that will be fun. *sarcasm*

Let me go get breakfast started and get me ole belly full. I am starving and am going to pig out and fix lots of eggs, sausage, and toast. I can almost smell the aromas cooking now. Till later…….

No comments: