Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Awesome news…..

If you have read this blog from the beginning then you know of the land in Waverly my family owns. It has a lot of acreage and a large pond on it. The drain pipe on the pond broke and the majority of the water ran out. My father took out a loan and is having it dredged and the spring cleared out. He is completely landscaping the land in and around the pond.

This was a complete surprise to me and he wanted it that way. He took me over this morning to look at it and it looks amazing. The pond will be its original deepness and we are going to restock it with bream and bass. Also, the spring was cleared out and a catch box built to divert and collect the flow of water. It is a steady 10 gallons per hour and this is good news. We used to think it dried up in the hot, dry months of the summer but the inspector says it has a steady year round flow as long as it is kept clean.

He is also going to build a cabin over there and they were digging the septic pit this morning for the septic tank. I am going to be able to camp in the country with all the comforts of home. It will have a screened in porch, electricity, and running water right on the pond. We are going to use it mainly for tailgating parties in the fall before Auburn football games as my father rarely misses a home scheduled game and this land is only ten or so miles from Auburn.

My surgery is tomorrow and I am nervous. I am scared but want it over with at the same time. I do hope things go well and I hope they knock me out. I do not want to be awake during the procedure. I also hope I do not have a lengthy stay in the hospital. Now, that would be too boring and monotonous and I could not smoke and that would be good for my physical health but terrible for my mental health! LOL

Well, I need to run and get some lunch started. Lunch is just going to be a simple chicken sandwich and some chips. I am going to make a big crock pot of vegetable soup for supper as well. Throw in a hot pan of fresh buttermilk cornbread and you have a meal fit for a king. Mmmmm, mmmmm. Can’t wait.

No comments: