Friday, May 28, 2004

Uneventful day…..

I have had an uneventful day. I have nothing much to write about but the status quo. I guess I have a kind of writer’s block today. I went for my morning walk after breakfast and spent much of the day reading the book

I walked down to the wiggling pig this afternoon to buy some wheat bread and bologna to make some sandwiches for lunch and toast for breakfast. Cap with tag guy actually spoke to me today instead of his usual head nod. In all these months I have never heard his voice.

He said, “Whazzup?”

I replied, “Not much man, not much, just taking a walk.”

I never fails that when I go to the Piggly wiggly I get in the most convoluted check out line. It’s either a little, old black lady who pulls her money out of her bra and takes fifteen minutes to count it out or some dude with his paycheck and they have to call the manager over to approve it. That is just my luck these days.

The little old black lady with what looks like a hundred one dollar bills in a roll was my venue for today. She took her sweet time carefully counting out those one dollar bills for a twenty something purchase. I guess I should learn some patience but darn it, I want my bologna sandwiches and I want them now! lol

I have my AA meeting tonight and will leave around 6:20 to get there before the meeting starts at 7 PM. I just grabbed a shower, put on my exercise shorts and shirt and am ready to rock and roll.

Signing off for today,

Grumpy

No comments: