Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Yawn, zzzzfffttt, yawn again.......

My camping trip went well but with one distraction. It was the first time I have been able to camp in awhile due to things that have come up. I feel centered and grounded and am glad to be home.

The only problem was that I didn't sleep well last night. I kept hearing the far off barking of many dogs and thought they were getting closer. One stray dog by itself is no threat but when you get a group of them together that becomes another matter. A pack takes on a much more aggressive mentally and I didn’t have my gun with me. I finally went to sleep and slept well and was not awakened again for the night.

It was very chilly this morning and I am glad I slept with my clothes and shoes in my bag. They were warm and ready to go. I think my thermometer read 56 degrees this morning.

I fixed a supper last night that was simple. I had hotdogs and some potato chips. I grilled the wieners over the fire and they got charred and crispy on the outside. There is no better way to cook and eat hotdogs for me at least. I fixed breakfast when I arrived home this morning. Just some cheese eggs and toast.

I have an appointment at 2:30 PM to get my haircut then I have to go to Dr. Kamath’s office and get the verdict from my blood work afterwards. I do hope he doesn’t mention the dreaded word diabetes. I don’t feel ill other than a slight head cold. I do know I took zyprexa for years and it is said to cause diabetes and severe weight gain. Risperdal, so far, does not carry this warning and usually only cause’s weight gain and causes some men to produce milk from their mammary glands. You can see why it is sometimes hard to get someone who is mentally ill to take these medications.

Well, I will sign off until later.

No comments: