Friday, July 03, 2015

The Tale of Two Dollar Stores…

I just drove over to Fred’s for some more Benadryl.  Things looked ominous as the parking lot was slam full of cars and lots of people were milling about.  I stepped inside and poor McGruff was the only cash register open and there were probably twenty people in line and that is a conservative estimate. The store was full of people.  One lady heckled McGruff from the back of the line.   “Can’t y’all open another register?  This is ridiculous!”  Tough McGruff looked flustered. 

They had changed the price of the cheapest 24 pack of Fred’s diphenhydramine HCL from $1.85 to $2.60.  I grumbled a little bit at the price and walked out of the store as I waved bye to McGruff.  She waved back and said, “Sorry honey!”  She knows exactly what I get every time I am in the store.

My next stop was Family Dollar which is just down the road.  Maybe a 1/2 mile from Fred’s.  The store was fairly empty and they had a 100 count diphenhydramine HCL for $2.99.  You can’t beat that price anywhere in town.  I felt like a traitor, though, defecting to the enemy. I didn’t even have to wait in line as a lady with a gigantic pack of toilet paper promptly finished her transaction as I stepped up to the register.

Photo Credit:  http://www.cleveland.com/lakewood/index.ssf/2012/02/plans_for_family_dollar_move_f.html

4 comments:

Beth said...

That's a lot of Benedryl. Not really good to take that much. But you already know that....

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

You have already consumed the prior 24 pack you had just recently purchased? I am concerned you are consuming very large dosages as a form of intoxication. Those tablets are awfully damn hard on your kidneys and liver sir, especially in high dosages. Hell, smoking and drinking are not good for a person either, but they aren't as toxic as massive numbers of Benadryl. Be careful.

PipeTobacco

Anonymous said...

Seeking attention....and comments.

Unknown said...

taking a lot of benadryl, why don't you just take a bunch of klonopin? is that any better? it's not.