Friday, July 31, 2015

Mark My Solemn Words…

windows_oem_devices_computexFor the first time ever in my life, I am foregoing and forestalling a new Microsoft Windows operating system.  I have always been a very, very early adopter as Microsoft worked out the kinks with each new OS, but have decided to opt out of this install.  Both of my computers are working fine so why change things? I am reading on WarCraft message boards of compatibility problems with high end graphics cards and their drivers with regards to updating to Windows 10.  I don’t want to stay up all night troubleshooting a graphics card and different drivers. Another niggling thing that bothers me is that I won’t have install discs.  Of course, I could torrent them, but that would be copyright infringement and I would then have to fiddle with and worry about activation cracks.     

1 comment:

Tee said...

Smart move. We thought my husband's computer was dead and bought a new one with Windows 8.1. It was AWFUL!!!!!! We took the new computer back and had his old one repaired. We both have Windows 7 and it is working well. As technically challenged as we are Windows will have to get ALL the problems worked out before we upgrade.