Sunday, July 19, 2015

Dating is Exhausting…

originalI am an total introvert in a relationship with an extremely outgoing extrovert.  Laura can talk on the phone for hours and multiple times a day.  My therapist would call this good therapy bless her little misguided soul.  I can’t really complain much as I needed an extrovert to kind of bring me out of my shell so to speak. Laura is leading in this little dance we are undertaking called dating and getting to know each other.

She wants to see my house so I better get to cleaning.  Her parent’s house is immaculate and in a very posh subdivision.  Ms. Maggie would like to find out the progenitor of all these strange smells on me lately as well.

Dad and my brother drove just over 5000 miles to reach Bama last week.  I am kind of glad I didn’t get recruited for that drive home.  They are still recovering and it has been over a week since they found their way home. 

Laura is a sweetheart and I do believe we have a future together.  She says she suffers from a mild form of Asperger’s syndrome which is mild form of autism. Her behavior would suggest otherwise.   I would diagnose her as being ADHD, but then again I am not a psychiatrist. She may just simply be an extrovert born into a busy world.

Photo Credit:   http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/07/how-introverts-and-extroverts-can-peacefully-coexist/

3 comments:

Annabel said...

Yes - dating can be very exhausting - especially for introverts who date extroverts. I was lucky in that Matt was fairly introverted as well. We often spend time just sitting next to each other reading. I often watch t.v. upstairs while he watches it downstairs - it seems to work for us.

Just be upfront with Laura if it gets to be too much. Women have a hard time with the unknown and when you avoid talking to her or whatever - give her a head's up if you can... explain how you might need a mental break of alone time but assure her that you'll be back and it's nothing she has done. Some women (like myself) have very active imaginations and often assume the worst.

Take it slow - no need to rush anything - just enjoy getting to know each other and spending time together.

amelia said...

Some good advice from Annabel! Just be brutally honest about what you can and can't do and it will all work out!

Christina said...

Are you "in a relationship" after one date?