Friday, July 31, 2015

Glass Half Empty–Glass Half Full…

half-glassI so wanted it to rain today and it is raining softly and comfortingly tonight. Drops of rain can be heard gently dropping off the eaves of my house.  I also wanted to see the blue moon tonight as well.  I will have to wait for that it seems.  Maybe if I stay up really late, the rain will stop, the clouds will clear, and I will get to see my full blue moon.

It is 10:35pm and I am still waiting on Papa and the medications.  He will not answer his phone so I feel sort of amiss and out of the loop.  Mom is not answering at home so something is certainly amiss.  This is when it sucks when some other person has control over some aspect of your life.  What would my father do if just decided I needed to take a car ride about the time he normally brings my medications?  He would be livid of course. “You know you take your medications at 9 to 9:30pm!”

Update – my father jovially arrived at 11:20pm tonight in good spirits with my medications. I squashed and quelled any ill feelings I had towards him just to see him and to know he was okay.  I really do worry about my father getting DUIs.  He is so aloof about it all and doesn't realize how serious it all is. You can get a DUI by just drinking one large glass of wine.

“I had to help Charlie clean up,” my father said in excuse of his late arrival. “Charlie had 56 party goers in all.”

Charlie had fixed me a big plate of food which my father had brought to me.  There were spicy and sweet baked beans, tangy German potato salad ala my father, crispy and crunchy tator tots, and three smoky grilled hamburgers.  On a separate plate, was a slice of Charlie’s signature chocolate pie.

Photo Credit:   http://kemidele.com/2015/02/11/feb-11-happy-dont-cry-over-spilled-milk-day/

No comments: